+Ministry of Education Links
- Education Act
- Highlights of Regulation 181/98: Identification and Placement of Exceptional Pupils. This document represents a summary of the information provided in Ontario Regulation 181/98.
- Individual Education Plan (IEP): A Resource Guide 2004. This publication is intended to help teachers and others working with students with special needs to develop, implement, and monitor high-quality Individual Education Plans.
- Individual Education Plans: Standards for Development, Program Planning, and Implementation. This document describes province-wide standards that school boards must meet when developing, implementing, and monitoring Individual Education Plans.
- Ministry of Education
- Ontario Curriculum Documents. The curriculum expectations are identified for each course/subject within each grade level for the elementary and secondary levels, respectively.
- Ontario Education Number (OEN)
- Ontario Regulation 181/98 of the Education Act outlines the steps taken by an Identification, Placement and Review Committee (IPRC) during the process of identifying a student as exceptional and deciding the student’s placement.
- Ontario Student Record (OSR) – Guideline (2000). The OSR is the record of a student’s educational progress through schools in Ontario. This guideline sets out the policies of the Ministry of Education with regard to the establishment, maintenance, use, retention, transfer, and disposal of the OSR.
- Planning Entry to School: A Resource Guide. This publication was designed to facilitate the planning process for children entering school in September.
- Shared Solutions - A Guide to Preventing and Resolving Conflicts Regarding Programs and Services for Students With Special Education Needs. This resource guide is intended to help parents, educators, and students with special education needs work together to prevent conflicts and to resolve them quickly.
- Special Education Advisory Committees (SEAC). The composition and duties of a SEAC are set out in Regulation 464/97 of the Education Act.
- Special Education: A Guide for Educators. The document provides comprehensive information about legislation, regulations, policies, program planning, and resources pertaining to the education of exceptional pupils in Ontario.
- Special Education Funding Guidelines Special Equipment Amount (SEA) 2019-20
- With Our Best Future in Mind: Implementing Early Learning in Ontario. Dr. Pascal’s report contains 20 recommendations on how to introduce full-day learning to Ontario students, how to improve education for children up to 12-years-old, and how to increase supports for young families.
- Association for Bright Children of Ontario
- Autism Ontario
- Buskids.ca (Transportation)
- Canadian Hearing Society
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canadian Mental Health Association (Ontario Division)
- Centre for Mental Health (Windsor-Essex County)
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- CanChild Centre for Childhood Disability Research
- Community Living Ontario
- Down Syndrome Association of Ontario
- Easter Seal Ontario
- Epilepsy Ontario
- Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network (LHIN)
- Greater Essex County District School Board
- John McGivney Children’s Centre
- Learning Disabilities Association of Canada
- Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario
- Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Ontario Association of Children’s Rehabilitation Services
- Ontario Brain Injury Association
- Ontario Christian Home Educators’ Connection
- Ontario Federation for Cerebral Palsy
- Ontario Federation of Teaching Parents
- People for Education
- School Advocacy
- Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario
- Toronto Acquired Brain Injury Network
- Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada
- VOICE for Hearing Impaired Children
- Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board
+School Reopening Parent Portal
- Click Here to access the Parent Portal that will be used as the school reopens from the COVID-19 shutdown. This portal is where you will find updates from the Ministry of Education and from the School, learning resources you can access from home, and additional resources to help you navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
+Parent Guide to School Reopening