Vision and Mission
A centre of hope, support and inspiration for children with disabilities and their families. Working collaboratively with the John McGivney Children’s Centre and community partners toward a future of participation, acceptance and opportunities.
The John McGivney Children’s Centre School Authority strives to enrich the lives of children and youth with special needs by working collaboratively with the John McGivney Children’s Centre and community partners to assist students to achieve their full educational potential.
- that we can make a difference in the quality of life of our children and families;
- in the value, uniqueness and diversity of the family;
- that each child has self-worth and value, and should be treated with respect and dignity;
- that children have the right to develop their full potential through equitable access to services;
- that all children have a right to learn and be cared for in a safe environment;
- that the School Authority is just one component of the broader community of organizations working together in a collaborative partnership to provide a continuum of services to children and families;
- It is the right for staff to work in an environment that promotes respect, encouragement and professional development.