Ms Kubinec's Classroom
Welcome to Mrs. Kubinec and Miss Gillian's classroom!
Welcome to Class 2. We are frequently updating this site so please come back and check our updates - especially our photo section below to get a sneak peek at what we are doing from day to day. Please be sure to check and return your child's communication book on a regular basis for communication purposes. If you know your child will be absent from class, please call the office or let me know through the communication book. Of course, if you have any questions or feedback we are always happy to listen.
What We Are Learning:
- The letters of our names
- Letter sounds
- How to form the letters in our names
- How to count up to 10
- What the numbers 1 - 10 look like
- Sorting colours
- Sorting objects
- Matching pictures
- How to identify how we feel
- Ask your child hypothetical questions like "What would you do if..." or "How do you feel when..."
- If your child uses a device to speak use it as much as possible at home.
- Count objects
- Read to your child, and allow your child to see you reading too.
- Encourage your child to connect with literature (ex. Have you ever felt the way this character did? What does this story remind you of?)