Mrs Perlin's Classroom
Welcome to Ms Perlin and Ms Cindi's Classroom!
Welcome to Class 3. We are frequently updating this site so please come back and check our updates - especially our photo section below to get a sneak peek at what we are doing from day to day. Please be sure to check and return your child's communication book on a regular basis for communication purposes. If you know your child will be absent from class, please call the office or let me know through the communication book. Of course, if you have any questions or feedback we are always happy to listen.
Our classroom schedule
What We Are Learning:
- Estimation strategies
- Making predictions, verifying our conclusions
- Recognizing numerals, counting, adding numbers
- Letter sounds, sight words, sounding words out, word families
- Geometric properties
- 2-D and 3-D figures
- Sequencing events
- Extending patterns
- Measuring with standard units (ex. centimeters) and non standard units
- Comparing numbers, comparing length
- Ask your child hypothetical questions like "What would you do if..." or "How do you feel when..."
- If your child uses a device to speak use it as much as possible at home.
- Find patterns in your surroundings
- Read to your child, and allow your child to see you reading too.
- Encourage your child to connect with literature (ex. Have you ever felt the way this character did? What does this story remind you of?)